Florida – hurricane season
Florida’s sales tax holiday on storm supplies starts Saturday, May 31 and continues through June 8 to encourage preparedness for the 2014 Atlantic hurricane season, which runs through Nov. 30.
The tax holiday includes the following items:
- Flashlights for $20 or less
- Portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio for $50 or less
- Tarpaulin or flexible waterproof sheeting for $50 or less
- First-aid kits for $30 or less
- Ground anchor systems or tie-down kits for $50 or less
- Gas or diesel fuel tanks for $25 or less
- Batteries include AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries for $30 or less
- Nonelectric coolers for $30 or less
- Portable generators for $750 or less
- Reusable ice $10 or less
Find more information on the tax holiday from the Florida Division of Emergency Management at FloridaDisaster.org.
Charles F. Spielmann